Friday, October 06, 2006

Front Page News


Today I became famous at our University. Seems as though the small interview that Vicky (an Englishwoman working in the volunteer program at Neftegas) and I gave on Wednesday was made into a quick article on the HOMEPAGE of the Universities website. Luckily, today it's already moved to the homepage of just our division of the University.

Foreigners are big news here, so we made front page coverage. Vanity also prevailed, because my first emotion when I saw the pictures in the article was… "Why did she have to show the back of my head?!) (my bald spot is in full view of the entire world!) Then I just had a good laugh about it and moved on with my futile attempts to read the article quickly like I could just scan it and move on.

The great thing about trying to read an article like that though, is that I pick up bits of new vocabulary all the time.

For example: I learned the word power supply from an email from Sasha about the USB Hub I'm getting for my computer. I learned the word method from a conversation with Igor about how we capture our thoughts to plan for the future, and I learned the word 'dirty-faced' while memorizing tongue twisters for pronunciation practice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeffik, have you lost weight?! You look so thin in that pic that the motherly side of me wants to make sure you're eating ok and the other side of me wants to tell you that you look good.