Monday, October 02, 2006

Building Houses or The One Where Jeff is Readining Haggai 1

Whoa. Honestly this is a bit of a butt kicker. I was reading about the return of the Jewish people to Jerusalem. They didn't want to start rebuilding the temple right away because they were busy setting their own affairs in order.

It hit me pretty hard as a guy who spent the bulk of the day yesterday cleaning his apartment. yes, I do need to set my own affairs in order, certainly, but it was just a very thought provoking read. I'm here this year in Russia to learn Russian... there's a Russian verb for what I'm really supposed to do выусить - it means to learn completely. I know that this serves the Father and it's my primary aim, but when opportunities arise for other things - I never know if I should say yes or no and there are more opportunities than I could possibly do. I've said yes to too many I think. So now I'm trying to cut back as to not be overwhelmed and especially so that I don't become ineffective.

Okay - Just a quick rant about how much Hag. 1 struck me.

No comments: