Monday, May 14, 2007

Saying Goodbyes and Hellos

Being a man of two minds and two hearts is a tough thing. At training in Colorado Springs last January, Amy and I learned that one of the most important things that you can do when moving to and from the field is to say appropriate good-byes. You have to go through the good-byes, so that the hellos are good too.

But, I want to be honest that it's really hard. I feel, in so many ways, that I've really hit my groove here and that I am really being used to make a difference.

I know that G0d will complete the work that I have begun. This is a promise that I cling to. And I know that my friends here are in excellent care, both with the CEC staff and with the divine, but I'm weak and I just like to be able to see what's going on.

(below final d-club meeting)

Anyway - two minds, two hearts. I am SO excited and thrilled to move back to the States for the next year. I cannot wait to SEE Amy, let alone get married! We'll certainly have a LOT on our plate in the next year, and we're really excited about our future together. AND, it's hard to leave. There are people when I leave this year that I probably never will see again. Most of my students and the one-on-one relationships that I have are locals, from Tyumen. But there are a few folks who are not locals and are 15 hour train rides away. So, I'm sad about the fact that I may never see some of them again. Even when Amy and I return, they won't be here… We'll have to see about having a Thanksgiving celebration or something so that they can come back and visit!

No comments: