Thursday, May 17, 2007

Last Teaching

I taught my final lessons this week at the University. It was with mixed feelings that I approached the lessons. Most of the students had already taken their oral exam with me, so it was really just a matter of giving them their grades and having a wrap up conversation. Many of them are planning to join our English Discussion Club!!! I'm really excited about the possibilities that this brings to us as far as the outreach potential. I have nearly 100 students, so if even a portion of them decided to start coming it would be enough to start another session of club. We're already at maximum size for everyone to have a chance to talk… I think it might be nice to have an intermediate level and an advanced level group.

Many of my students are hoping to come to America someday - it has been so incredible to see them improving their language skills. My involvement at the University has had some really great impact on some of our ministry projects, mostly notably D-Club and Interpreters for camp. Here are some pictures of my students.

No comments: