Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Behind in Blogging

Beloved readers! I'm SO sorry I haven't blogged in almost two weeks. I want you all to know that I am certainly still recording the main points of my life and what's going on. It's a bit crazy right now with my imminent departure for America. I'm excited to take some time today to write though, as it really is a highlight of my time here in Russia. I feel so connected to my friends and family back home.

By the way - with all that's been happening in the past 3 days (going to Talitsa for two days with Igor's family, and my interviews with the CEC staff, and 6 hours with my friend Dennis last night), I'm speaking and hearing a LOT of Russian lately. I woke up this morning thinking in Russian! This of course, has happened before, but it's so funny to me, when I realize sometime after I get up that I don't know how to think about something… it's a really good sign. Today I get to pick up my language certificate from my Russian test last week. I'm a bit nervous about my language rating, but I'm also just interested in knowing the results.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog allows me to vicariously visit Tyumen every time I read it. We look forward to your return. Has there been any word on Zhana's visa?