Sunday, May 13, 2007

The packing frenzy

It has begun. There are boxes littering the floor, clothes piled on couches and arm chairs, picture frames are sitting askance on the table. I am packing. I'm trying to do a better job of not being a frenzied, crazy man as I move back to the States for a year as I was when I moved here in the first place. I don't know if I'll do it or not. I've been thinking about the packing process for nearly 2 weeks already (it's so helpful that Amy has just moved back to the US and I got a LOT of pointers from her move). I'm deciding which items to bring to America and which ones to leave behind. We have a garage here where I'll be storing a bunch of my things for when Amy and I return. This is one thing that will make moving a LOT easier. It's also fun that I can leave some things behind for people to use when I'm not here. Mostly things like magazines, books, and movies. But English materials are like gold here.

No comments: