Monday, January 09, 2006

weddings and other missionary adventures


what a weekend! I flew out at 6:15am on Friday to hang out with James and his soon to be bride in Pennsylvania. The travel was uneventful until Philly, where I met Jana's grandfather Jay. We really had a great 2.5 hour long drive to the town of Liditz.


The wedding highlights include a hotel room above the bar with a band blaring until 2am, the bride playing bass as they led the worship portion of their wedding, seeing friends (especially Michelle and Eric), and a surprise side trip.

Ashley invited me back to Alexandria, VA where his wife, Heather's parents live. I finally got to see the home of the phenominal Linda Brown! No kidding, the room that I stayed in is featured on a postcard! How cool is that. It is connected to the conservatory. I felt very fancy. Ash and I had phenominal conversation on the way there that continued in the hot tub (nothing like some great relaxation).

Bright and early this morning I left from Reagan international back to Colorado Springs where Mark, Pam, Helen, and Amy picked me up to head back to MTI. We decided to go see a movie before doing our homework and we got pulled over by the COPS! Jessica was driving and we were laughing so hard that the purple beast got pulled over. We couldn't find the registration at first, but we were thankful that Jessica was the one driving, 'cause she's got the Colorado license. Phew.

Another exciting adventure...

No comments: