Sunday, January 22, 2006

be still and know...


It's Sunday morning here in Colorado Springs and I'm in awe of the Colorado sky. When I wake up and look out the window in my room, I see mountain foothills. The sky is a vibrant blue and snow litters the ground. It's not like a January morning in Michigan - in Michigan the sky would be grey or white. It's incredible - it's like joy is always surging around inside you because the nature is so beautiful.

I'm not sure what this entry must mean with regards to Russia. I'm certainly not going to be seeing a beautiful sky on a daily basis in Tyumen (it's an industrial city of about 600,000). I think I'm just going to have to store away memories of this place such that I can recall them in times of need. And thankfully, I'll be spending a couple of months each year out in the country with the summer camp program.

Today we're going to visit an Anglican Church. During SPLICE we're supposed to visit churches that might be different from our norm in preparation for heading to the field.

I just gotta say as a person who can have very high expectations for training and development, this is really some of the best.

No comments: