Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The last shall be first

Colorado Springs, CO, USA

I started my day today on 3 hours sleep at 6:30am. Headed to training for PILAT (Program in Language Acquisition Techniques) and SPLICE with Mission Training International.

I checked in online and barely made it to the gate on time... at Metro - I always seem to be at the "last gate." Well, today - it really was the VERY last gate - and I didn't take the tram!

So my flight went through to Houston and I was in a sleep stupor for most of it. And we were dropped off at the VERY last gate and my second flight was on the OTHER side of the airport.

Really I'm laughing about it - I had plenty of time and, yes, gasp everyone - they fed us on one of the flights!

So I pick up my rental car and head out to the retreat center. I'm the last person to arrive.

But when it came time for alphabetical introductions.... the last shall be first. Brake - right at the top of the list.


Highlights today include:


  • I can see Pike's Peak and the location of the Garden of the Gods from our retreat center.
  • My suitemates are a family with 3 little girls. When I arrived I could hear them singing under the door - Disney tunes.
  • And 40 pages of homework!

No comments: