Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The year in Review

This is a gift I was given by Angie, dear dear friend of my lovely bride.

I share it with you to reflect on your year.

Year in Review

  • What is the current condition of my heart?
    • What am I, at my root layer, feeling, sensing, fearing, hoping?
    • Am I worshipping more completely as a lifestyle than last year? Or two years ago?
  • Marriage: Is there increased intimacy with my spouse – have we grown closer together, or added layers of scar tissue? Have I loved accurately? How have I love accurately?
  • How is the Enemy nipping at my heels? / What has he lured me with? / What do I want to be set free from?
  • What did this past Advent & Christmas season teach me about the nature of God/ others/ myself?
  • How did God/ Jesus/ Spirit reveal their presence to me throughout the year? Draw or describe or list or create a poem of these encounters.
  • What practices/ disciplines are currently nourishing my soul…moving me toward Kingdom action? Have I retreated well? …[Retreat means little when action is detached.]
  • 3 Films – The ones that impacted my core/ challenged my identity or simply caused me to laugh: Characters I related with/ to & Why?
  • Music that STIRRED (live shows/ top 3-5 discs/ songs/ lyrics) my blood or caused my toes to tap.
  • Recall some of the elements that make me (us) come ALIVE??? “The glory of God is man fully Alive”
  • List the areas/ experiences/ activities/ people that have poured Life into me and vice verse
    • Timothy Relationships: Am I mentoring young Timothy’s who are in turn mentoring others?
    • Am I investing into David-Jonathon/ ‘Philios’ relationships as if it were “ministry life insurance”?
    • The specific items or times that sparked something inside me and others…
  • ReDefinE ministry/ Church/ Kingdom after the experiences of this season.
  • Most interesting individual(s) I met this year and why
  • 3-5 books that Inspired/ Equipped/ Intrigued/ Humored
  • My favorite sporting moment was…
  • 2/3 Salt & Light Moments that marked this past year:
    • Is my (our) lifestyle and ministry increasingly impacting the “least of these’? Have I loved accurately?
    • Can I (we) share a recent story of someone walking into a faith pilgrimage with Christ?
  • 1 or 2 areas where I just dropped the ball:
    • Now think: Practical Implications for both of these areas (What can I do now to serve the community around me more accurately?)
  • In a phrase or two, what was last years statement (what was this year’s most apparent life lesson/ principle)?
  • Favorite Group Moments/ Community Encounter(s)
  • What God given dream(s) am I nurturing?
  • Try to recall the Highlights/ Lowlights of each month
    • My most painful/ sorrowful moments were when… My most joyous occasions were when…
  • What was I consumed with this past year? / What dominated my time?
    • What does a more holistic schedule look like practically speaking?
    • Where am I wasting time? / Where am I wasting other people’s time?
  • Conclusions/ Realizations/ Implications based on reviews
    • Assess strengths/ weaknesses/ where support needs to come from
  • List just a few GOALS & action steps for the next year

No comments: