Thursday, January 03, 2008

Back at work.

Sometimes life is really funny and ironic.

Yesterday on the drive back to Ann Arbor from Indianapolis, I was in a melancholy funk. I didn't really know why I was down - just heading home from a great break, beautiful wife by my side, wonderful family, a calling and mission in life, great job, food, shelter....

... my soul must have just known what was coming... (I'm just building dramatic effect here).

So I came in to work early this morning - with no keys. So I couldn't get in the office. So I went down to the information center to work behind the desk for a while - noticed that the plasma screen computer is missing - it was stolen over break.

I'll deal with that in a bit.

Got an email from someone about a work matter that we've been waiting to hear back for a couple of months and they said, "no" - all signs had been aiming toward "yes."

I'll deal with that too.

I finally realized that our office manager wasn't going to be in until Monday and that she wouldn't be letting me in to my office. So I had to find another way in.

Got in.

Couldn't remember my password.

Remembered it.

Welcome to 2008. I'm going to turn around as the day goes on - I always do.

I forgot my USB drive too - my files are somewhere at home and I'm at work.

LOL - I like the irony.

No comments: