Friday, January 25, 2008

LeaderShape - Commencement

The final module for LeaderShape is a commencement ceremony as we all embark on our journey back to the real world. We share a final moment together as a group and the facilitators all have an opportunity to share some final remarks with the participants. I already mentioned that I shared a bit from the Bible (1 Tim 4:12), I wanted to include a few of my other remarks as well.

I was thinking about the 'gifts' that we all bring to any relationship that we form. Throughout the course of the week at LeaderShape - we share a lot of gifts, wishes, thoughts, beliefs, etc. So these are the summary points from the week for me:

"If I had only one more time to speak with y'all, what would I want to share with you?

"I thought the following would sum up our week together nicely.

"My Advice: Be Real -> remember that it's a process, but nursery magic can happen to all of us if we let it.

"My Thoughts: 1 Tim 4:12 -> although you are young, you are powerful!

"My Belief: ik che wi cha sha -> the common man whose time has come. We are all the common man, and your time has come.

"My Question: if not you, who? if not now, when?

"My Gift: you -> no one else is more qualified to be uniquely you. you have to do it.

"My wish: go to the edge:

Go to the Edge, He said
but I'm scared
Go to the Edge, He said
what if I fall?
Go to the Edge, He said
so I did.
And He pushed me.
and I flew.

My wish is that you don't stay on the ground, take the risk. and soar.

No comments: