Friday, January 25, 2008

LeaderShape - Day Six – Staying In Action

Excerpt from LeaderShape.org website

"On this final day, you'll prepare to return home and face your responsibilities as a LeaderShape graduate who practices the discipline of "leading with integrity." You'll learn what it means to be a part of the nationwide LeaderShape community - a network of mutual encouragement and support. A Learning Community commencement ceremony concludes the week."

What does this day mean for me? I get to see Amy!!!! It's been a WHOLE week and I'm dying to see her. It's the longest we've been apart since our engagement on two continents. We have LOTS of tears and re-entry into reality begins. It's hard for all of us to be in a supportive, encouraging environment for 6 days and then to turn around and face the word. Emails, cell phones, facebook, and a world full of busyness and demands awaits us... how well will we do staying connected to the "I" that we know we've become, to the "I" that we know we need to be becoming?

Time will tell for us all.

We have a commencement ceremony for all. Here's a picture of me speaking to the faculty for the week. They were really wonderful to work with.

I think I most enjoyed sharing with the faculty and all the students about the vision that God has for all of us. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." And 1 Timothy 4:12 "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."

No comments: