Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Timing, Priorities, and messing up

Being a leader is really hard. Balancing multiple roles is really hard. And I’m not very good at failing. Let’s face it, I’m not even very good at trying at 100%. I’ve lived my life in a way that I’m always trying to give 110% - Amy is teaching me to give myself some slack when I’m not overachiever, awesome man – I know that I’m no super hero, but it’s never stopped me from trying before.

So I’m learning how to give myself grace, allow the lawn to grow longer (for 2 weeks I’ve not touched it), etc. I’m doing okay – but I just am feeling like something isn’t quite right… you know, it’s that Fall funk thing.

Being a son, a husband, an employee, a supervisor, a missionary, a disciple, a friend, a mentor... it's all finally become more than I can do (well anyway). So I'm trying to figure out how to manage my time and be who I'm supposed to be.

No comments: