Monday, October 08, 2007

Chasing Chipmunks

No joke. That's what Amy and I got to do today. The evening started when we got home about 5:45pm. Amy walked in the door and said, "Holy Crap!" After the loudest shriek I've heard from Amy ever. (I should probably qualify that I've never heard Amy shriek before).

My heart was pounding and I was preparing myself to take out the robber who was in our house.

A chipmunk! He rushed across the floor. And for the next 2.5 hours I watched him skitter this way and that around the house. He's been inside for OVER A WEEK! We're not sure how he got in, but when we got home last night from being gone for the week in Atlanta and Indiana, we realized there were … mouse turds? Well, they were the largest mouse droppings I'd ever seen and really I thought they were little balled up bugs… was he trying to eat them?

Anyway, Amy was out with a friend walking and it really did take the team of two Brakes to rectify the situation. I opened the front door. Amy cornered Skippy with a broom. Then she spooked him, he came running at me and I used another broom to scare him at the opened door. And, voila! He ran outside on his own. Yes!

Amazing. and we danced in celebration.

No comments: