Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Russian Conversations

Just a sample of what a Russian conversation right now is like between Amy and I.

A - Hello. How are you?

J - Hi, I’m fine. How are you?

A- Good, but a little tired. What are you doing?

J – I’m reading a book. Do you like to read?

A – Yes, I like to read magazines and the newspaper. I also run.

J – Who is that?

A – Over there? That’s my professor. Her name is Alina Alexandrovna Makin. She teaches Russian.

I’m SO very proud of her! With the complexities of Russian, this is a real feat of intellectual brain power, grammar, pronunciation, and quick thinking. She’s learning more than 100 words per week and

PS I’m nervous a bit for my friends in Russia. There’s a bit of an economic crisis happening in Tyumen. Please pray for them!

No comments: