Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Studying Russian...

Well, the language is definitely starting to come back. I just exchanged some emails with the directory of the English Language Department at Tyumen Oil and Gas University. Looks like I'll be teaching 8 hours of English in exchange for Russian lessons.

Should be really neat. I can't believe how amazingly orchestrated this whole thing seems to be. This University is one of the two main universities here in town and is literally 3 blocks from my apartment! Amazing!

I've also got another really cool opportunity to go on a camping trip with several adults and some youth who are all from our Family. How awesome is that? Looks like I'll be headed for Novosibirsk mid august to hike for 12 days somewhere in the moutains and then off to Estonia for a renewed visa.

Off to camp in an hour! See you online in 10-20 days.

1 comment:

Emily Malloure said...

Jeff! I'm so glad you made it to Tyumen! Right now I'm in the states raising support to go back to Krasnodar for one more year. I leave in August. Hey, if you're teaching at that University... or a student there, you should look into getting into Russia on a student Visa... they're awesome! they're multiple-entry and they last for a full year. God Bless!