Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Escaping the pink bathroom

For all of those who have been to my house in the US – the bathroom is pink and really it’s the only thing that I didn’t love about the house. How’s this for Dad’s irony… my apartment has a pink bathroom! It’s not quite as pink as at the house, but it’s still in the pink genre. Sally and Zhanna, the CEC interpreter, spent a good deal of time on Wednesday last week cleaning the kitchen and bathroom for me. Zhanna scrubbed on the toilet for hours it sounds like. We all just can’t believe the squalor that the owner used to live in. The kitchen has been cleaned numerous times already and today they’re delivering my new refrigerator. I know – can you believe that? The one that was here is broken and I can tell you it is one of the nastiest things that I’ve EVER seen… and smelt. It’s in the spare room right now waiting for the land lady to come and take it.

Here are some pictures:





Here's the bathroom - note the lovely toilet




The tub - I've already scrubbed more than an hour




Probably the most disgusting room you've ever seen - clean here




another kitchen shot




the view from my balcony


2 comments:

Pam Markley said...

Pictures! Your adoring fans what pictures! Of Everything! Russia! The Apartment! You! Amy! EVERYTHING!

Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

ha! pink!

:) jen