Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Cold Food

My phone rang. I answered the phone, “Da” and then the torrent of Russian started. PTL that I caught what was happening. It was the drivers of the truck bringing the new fridge. They were asking me to tell them how to get to my apartment. Well, seeing as it took me 4.5 HOURS to give in and go for help the first time I was trying to find it… I told them to two streets on the opposite sides of the apartment building (I’m sorta in the middle of a square – it’s literally the Russian word … squarelette). So hopefully they’ll arrive soon. I’ll keep you posted. I can’t wait to STORE food in my apartment.

I don’t know how people survived without a khaladil’nik (fridge).
More later on this saga. Turns out I have a fridge now, but one of the bolts was crossthreaded and when Jim and I tried to switch the door from left to right… it broke the bolt…. No cold food.

No comments: