Saturday, June 24, 2006

Chunky Milk

Mmmm. Chunky milk isn’t as good as chunky peanut butter. Seems as though my refrigerator is more like a microwave than a freezer. Everything in the fridge that Sally had purchased to get me started is pretty much spoiled. It’s totally broken. (not to mention that it’s kinda gross – yes, Sally cleaned it for a couple hours first – but not really possible to remove rust inside it). So it’s leaking water from the freezer on my floor, and I can’t buy food that needs to stay cold.

Looks like cereal in the morning requires shopping for milk first! This has an upside… I have to keep practicing my Russian by shopping for food pretty much every meal!

So on Saturday Jim took Amy and I shopping again. This time – it was for a fridge. Another amazing example of father’s provision… a 3000 Ruble discount! On Tuesday I’ll have a new fridge, as long as the delivery guys can find my apartment…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff!

I'm sending you a letter on Tuesday, so I'll save the details until you get that (which hopefully won't be too long.) I miss you buddy!

I'm sorry your refrigerator doesn't work ... gross. If you're discouraged, hang in there! You'll get through the storm ...

Matt

Emily Malloure said...

...good thing milk in Russia has a shelf-life of a year and doesn't actually have to be refridgerated.