Friday, July 21, 2006

Puke Flavor

I’m really not kidding. Puke Flavored medicine. You see, most everyone that I know is sick right now. We’ve all been at camp together for the past 20some days and I guess that we’re all a little too run down. It starts with just being a bit run-down, then progresses to sore throat, hacking up … stuff and feeling just yicky. Well, I had the great blessing of living at camp next to a Russian who told me the name of a good throat lozenge. So I knew what to ask for at the Pharmacy when I got back to Tyumen.

So that really helped for a couple of days. And then the razor blade feeling started in my throat. So, while I was walking home from Jim and Sally’s on Friday night – I stopped at the 24 hour pharmacy that is so conveniently located about 1 block from my flat. Seriously - Tyumen is a different city now… 24 hour pharmacy. So I just told the pharmacist that I needed something stronger to fix my throat. I told her that I was an American and that I didn’t know what medicine I needed – but that my throat hurt badly and that the lozenges weren’t enough.

That’s how I met the puke flavored medicine. It’s a mist that you spray in your mouth (which is awful too, because it mists… so you can’t control that it goes straight to the back of your throat). Anyway – the first dose actually brought tears to my eyes and I ran to the bathroom (either to spit it out or to heave). I spit it out, you can all feel safe. So then I steeled myself for another dose and tried to take it like a man.

So, I’m getting better now – but it’s rough. All of you at home in the US - please enjoy the tasty medicines that you have. I appreciate it SO much more now!

So your prayers for physical health will be greatly appreciated by Jim, Sally, Amy, and myself! Thanks.

No comments: