Saturday, July 29, 2006

Money

You never really think about how easy it is to make change or to buy something at the store. I’m almost finally to the point that when something costs 1872 Rubles I can actually hear the number only once or twice and be ready to pay… but then you’ve gotta figure out the actual money. I mean the coins and the bills. You see all Russian coins have only 2 different backs. The Rubles (1, 2, 5, 10) and the Kopeek (1, 5, 10, 50 -- it's pronounced ka-pay-ick). So tonight – I sat down, poured a handful of change on my desk and started just making change. I’m pretty good with the bills as only the 10’s and 100’s can be easily confused. Living in a new culture really is like they taught us at PILAT. Becoming a child all over again.





Some Russian money

No comments: