Sunday, February 05, 2006

Safely Home!

the splice family

Well, I'm back in Ann Arbor (after a brief visit to Bellaire for the White Pine Stampede) after 5 weeks in Colorado Springs. I feel like I've just left my new family behind (after all the great times we had together at SPLICE training). I think it'll take me quite some time to process all of the things that I've learned and experienced. I think perhaps working for the 3 days that I'm home prior to leaving for Thailand wasn't the smartest for my personal processing, but it'll be great to see all the folks from work!

It was nice to return directly to Bellaire and the White Pine because all my friends were there to greet me. There were so many familiar things to help me re-enter the "real world"

Here's a photo of the gang:

l to r (Heather, Eliot, Rick, me, Charles, Shannon and Jason in front)

The race barely happened because of lack of snow, but with a reduction of 15K to the 50K race, everything went off without a hitch. 21 years of volunteer service to the white pine stampede! woo-hoo.

No comments: