Tuesday, February 14, 2006

the Love Boat

Tonight we went on a dinner CRUISE on the Andaman Sea (part of the Indian Ocean). I didn't really realize that Phuket is an island. They call it Ko Phuket here in Thailand and Ko means island - that's how I figured it out. The cruise was really nice. We saw a beautiful sunset over the ocean. The weather was phenominal for being out on the water. There was a Polynesian show for us too with fire twirlers and hula dancers!

one of our hula dancers

note: two dancers one behind the other

I can't express how much I love water. Growing up in Bellaire with a river in the front yard really just seemed normal when I was a kid - but I recognize how fortunate I was to grow up in such a beautiful place. Thailand is beautiful too, but really different. I'll post some photos here so you can see what Thailand looks like. Really cool.

No comments: