Thursday, February 16, 2006

Elephant Safari


God's creation is so cool! I've seen so many beautiful things here in Thailand. Today we went on an elephant safari. I got to RIDE on an elephant! How crazy cool is that?! There was also a monkey show where we saw how monkeys are trained to pick coconuts. Did you know that a "professional" monkey can knock 300-600 coconuts from a tree in a day?! It was really cool. There was also a ride behind oxen and we got to see how rice is farmed. I had no idea that rice production took so much WORK!

Following the safari, we had lunch on the beach of an island and then got to swim and see how pearls are harvested. It was really educational and fun. It's been such a blessing to be with people from all over the world who are doing similar work and following the same call.

Tomorrow we're going to Patong beach again - I've someone managed to become a tour group coordinator for people leaving the hotel. What can I say? It's something of a gift! The Tsunami hit very hard in Patong (I was there yesterday too and had a nice tour of the bathrooms of Patong - a little stomach problem guaranteed several visits! - I'm better now thanks for asking)

No comments: