Friday, April 11, 2008

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Seriously? Yes, seriously. Today at 11am, I received a call on my cell phone from a computer. Our flight had been canceled to return from Colorado. The flight was grounded in Chicago due to a thunderstorm.

so I called to reschedule the flight and the following fiasco ensued:
- I was told I could reschedule for $100
- I was told we couldn't fly out until that evening, and then it would entail 4 flights to get home
- I was told that I couldn't speak with a supervisor, but that the agent would speak with support
- so I opted to go to the airport and talk to someone in person

I was frustrated, but trying to keep my cool.

at the airport:
- they were wonderful. so many flights were crazy because american airlines was grounded and they were taking up a LOT of slack
- people were being really mean to the agents
- our agent had supervisor authority and booked us on a new flight and upgraded us
- we decided to fly out of Denver instead of Colorado Springs (we could stay with one of Amy's dear friends (Jaci) in Denver)

rental car:
- we rented a car from Hertz (where Jaci works) and set off to travel to Denver. About 20 minutes on the road and I got a migraine. I haven't had one in something like 3 years. It was awful, but with time, prayers and a hood over my eyes it passed in several hours.

denver:

- we had a marvelous time with Jaci. She made us dinner and took us to an 'clean' improv club. It was hilarious. I got volunteered by my lovely wife to participate and ended up making the sound effects for one of the scenes. It was really fun.

PS I guess the only trains were the ones carrying coal and passing us on the highway... and the ones at the airport between terminals.

No comments: