Monday, April 14, 2008

The knee once again...

So I returned to the doctor to have my knee looked at. They initially thought it was cartilage or an irritation with my kneecap. Something like retropatellar pain syndrome. But with my lower level of activity in the past months and the 6 months of time... the doc thought to do an x-ray. So I had an x-ray on my knee.

While I was there, they did an x-ray on my chest for the tuberculosis film that I have to take with me to Russia for camp. And then they drew blood for the HIV test I have to have in order to get my Russian visa... yikes.

So, the x-ray didn't show anything. The doctor poked and prodded and decided to schedule me for an MRI on my knee. This will show if there are any tears in the ligaments of my knee. He's thinking that I might have stressed, stretched or torn part of my anterior meniscus.

Next week on Tuesday keep my knee in your prayers. I'm not sure what I want them to find... something wrong that can be fixed or just that I need to do physical therapy.

I really need to be able to run this race with Amy though - it's such an encouragement to her when we run.

No comments: