Sunday, April 06, 2008

7 miles at 7,000 ft

Well, today marks another milestone in my life. Amy and I continue to train for the mini marathon in Indianapolis in May (it's 13.1 miles) and today I ran the furthest I've run in my entire life. 7 miles. And not only 7 miles, but at 7,000 feet of elevation (we're in Palmer Lake, Colorado for 2 weeks).

The run was really pretty good. My knee didn't hurt hardly at all, I wasn't really all that winded. I kept repeating a verse over and over again 1 Corinthians 9:27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave...and I really had to today.

It's been several hours and I've been a bit queasy. Amy thinks that it's from too much in the altitude. So now I'm pounding down the water.

In PILAT updates - we spent 2.5 hours with Dwight today drilling vowel sounds and a little bit of work on tones... but man, the vowels can get difficult!

No comments: