Saturday, March 22, 2008

New York City! - Day 2

Perhaps the second perfect day in my life! We slept in and started off the day with a run in Central Park! The image to the left can be clicked to enlarge it, the red line is what we ran, and the green line is what we walked out. According to Google Pedometer - we ran about 1.5 miles to get to the park, then we ran 3 miles in the park, and walked about 2 miles out. Then 1.5 miles back to our hotel. It was a wonderful start to our day. It was so sunny.

In the afternoon, I saw another show while Amy did some homework and got us tickets to see Curtains in the evening! I love 1/2 price tickets.

In between shows, we had an incredible opportunity. Amy's friend and former roommate (Katy) has a cousin working in New York... on the Lion King (see separate post). So he gave us a personalized tour backstage. He's the hydrolics genius who built the automated pride rock that lifts out of the stage!

We topped the evening off with dessert from the Roxy Delicatessen. I recommend it, but get the cheesecake.

I've never had a birthday like this in my life! It's been so wonderful and relaxing .. and FUN.

No comments: