Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Early mornings

Amy & I have been presented with a wonderful opportunity. Getting up at 4:50am most mornings...

The University of Michigan has started classes and Amy is enrolled (well, will be soon) in the first year Intensive Russian language program. This means that Amy's job had to fit in with her class schedule. And when you have class from 11am - 1pm everyday (and 3 hours of conversation practice to fit in too, along with at LEAST 20 hours of homework a week) you end up working the early morning shift.

So we rise before the sun. We rush around for about 20 minutes or so, Amy drinks a quick cup of living life (coffee) and I pack a quick lunch for each of us. She reads her Bible and I try to get my hair to stop sticking up. You'd think a man with as little hair as me wouldn't have a problem with that in the morning. Within a blink of the eye our time together in the morning is over and it's "to the bat mobile!" The 3 miles to campus usually takes 15-20 minutes in the morning, but this early... it's about 8 minutes. There are a few cars on the streets, but mostly is just us.

So this means that I'm at work 2.5 hours before most everyone else. It's been quite nice because I get SO much accomplished in the first couple hours of the day. I think maybe that I'm annoying to my colleagues, because I have a bit too much energy by 8am and they haven't even seen coffee yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on those early mornings! James has an 8am class and I have to get him to work by 7. That means we get up at 5:30 every morning- it's not 4:50am, but sometimes it feels like it! It's kinda nice to have so much of the day before you...