Saturday, December 24, 2005

'twas the night before Christmas

...and all through the house not a creature was stirring... except Jeff - who is still wide awake. It's almost 11 o'clock here and EVERYONE is already in bed. I'm not tired enough to sleep yet (although my body thinks it's nearly 1 am. I don't sleep very well if I'm not feeling good.

On Wednesday this week (today is Saturday) I went to the doctor for my camp physical for Russia. He recommended I get two shots to be started for all my immunizations. So I got a flu shot in my right arm and a typhoid shot in my left (typhoid officially hurts more) - but flu decided to manifest symptoms. So I've got itchy ears, runny nose, and a quesy stomach.

Nothing that good attitude can't fix! So I'm powering through. My family is awesome.

Today I woke up to the smell of bacon - Will was cooking breakfast for the second day in a row. We went shopping for our "secret" santa gift - which is really tough I might add - when you all go shopping together. Prices in Tahoe are out of control. But who really cares about prices when it's Christmas?

The day was foggy and gray until the sun decided to put in an appearance this afternoon. No joke from like 50 to 70 degrees over the course of an hour or so! And I thought Michigan weather was shifty!

Looks like I'll spend a couple of hours awake here at the house alone. Kinda nice for some peaceful me time. I'm going to read a bit in my book, the Expert Expatriate - play some Fable (a video game) - write in my new journal - and read some Bible. It's been two days and I'm missing the connection.

Merry Christmas everyone. It's really the coolest holiday. Even if the birth of Christ was really sometime in the Spring... I don't know all the details.

No comments: