Friday, December 23, 2005

Out of Breath

For more reasons than one today. The scenery is incredible out here – certainly some of the best there is. Breathless vistas.

And then there’s the altitude. I know that I’ve gained a few more pounds than I should have on my frame, but I’m out of breath walking up steps and I’ve got a headache to boot! More water! I’m sure by tomorrow I’ll be acclimated to the altitude.

Today we found a Christmas tree (we’ll decorate shortly with all of Todd’s crystal ornaments), we hauled wood up to the porch for our fire, and we rode a gondola up to 10,000 feet above Lake Tahoe (at Heavenly resort). We drew names for family Christmas and tried to get some shopping done, but it seems like the Brake family are just a bit too salt of the earth people for the resort shopping. We didn’t find anything.

The days highlight (besides being with family, of course) was Inspiration Point and the Eagle Falls. Gorgeous. I’ll post photos when I’ve got a moment.

Oh! And mom and dad made matching sweatshirts for the whole family – yeah, it’s cheesy, but it’ll be a cool memory.

No comments: