Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

The day started with a beautiful sunrise over Lake Tahoe. It was a nice follow-up to a night with almost no sleep. I've been a bit under the weather and my brother gave me an anti-histimine after dinner... and it kept me awake until almost 4am. I slept in 20 minute increments. Needless to say - I wanted to be grouchy this morning - but who could be grouchy on Christmas!

Such an awesome day. I like the significance of this day for so many reasons. First, of course - because we celebrate the birth of Jesus (and like I said yesterday - I know the timing is off - it's not that relevant). Second, it's really awesome to be with family. We're together for 7 days - and so far - we're going strong. It's tough when we're basically split it four different units and getting along could be really difficult. So far - it's really been wonderful.

Our Christmas exchange was really neat (this is, of course, the third reason why Christmas is so cool). Mom drew my name and got me a "life is good" long sleeve t-shirt and matching flannel pants. I love 'em (although - the pants could be worn by a small giant until I get them hemmed - the joys of a height challenged life).

We're getting ready for dinner (steaks and twice baked potatoes) and mom has made a special pumpkin bar dessert too (they smell amazing).

Off to finish doing laundry.

No comments: