Sunday, June 03, 2007

Who's that singing solo?

Amy and I headed up north yesterday to visit my parents in my hometown (Bellaire, MI) I can't believe how beautiful it is up here. It is so peaceful. The sound of frogs croaking in the marsh and the wind rustling in the trees is so relaxing. There is hardly any light when it's dark and I SO enjoy the DEEP sleep that I experience here in my childhood home. I miss being here and the true relaxation that I experience here. Thanks mom and dad for choosing a paradise in which to raise the children!

On Saturday, dad sang in his barbershop chorus. It was INCREDIBLE. There were about 40 guys singing in incredible harmony. Dad's also in a quartet and sings the very difficult baritone part. It's basically the invisible part that blends the other voices together. I was so AMAZED at the afterglow when dad sang a SOLO! Usually the baritone's don't have a solo part and he was SO good! I was really proud. I'll post some pictures if they turn out!

No comments: