Friday, June 08, 2007

Flushing Drinking Water

I hope this isn't too uncouth, but I was at the Michigan Union today and I (clears throat) used the facilities. I noticed that the urinal flushes 1 gallon of water and that the toilet flushes 3 gallons. I was amazed at how much good water we use here in America for something like flushing a toilet. When I visited Amy in Kenya there wasn't even running water and certainly not for drinking. It just really amazes me the privileges that we have here. I'm learning about how to have my eyes open to how different our lives are here and to appreciate what we have.

I'm not sad that we have this access and that we are so blessed, I just want to appreciate how much we've been given just by the nature of our birth into this country and to recognize that there are so many that don't have these things.

I also miss some of the simplicity of life and want to figure out how to lay claim to it a bit more here.

No comments: